Well hello…Happy Thursday! So close to the weekend, what a tease!
I decided it was time to come out from under my rock. Every time I have posted has been when I was in the midst of planning/starting a new diet, exercise regimen, etc. Well this time, I started what I wanted to start, gave it sometime, stuck to it and apparently have lived through it the last three weeks (barely) to share with you now….
The picture posted above….explains how I feel all at this very instant. The selfie is well, a selfie and the face I am making is not my normal smile. If it was…yikesss. It is the face I make when I am thinking “Why the hell am I putting my body through this.” But for real, inside I am actually happier then a kid on Christmas because I am seeing results and others are as well. But some day’s and night’s I am completely dead, or barely moving from how sore I am from the work out that day, or a 24 or 48 hr burn. Ugh 48 hr. burn.
As if I didn’t know already….when times get tough, I give up on myself. You know how you get all pumped up then last for a few days eating super healthy and living at the gym? Then all the sudden errrrrch (a cars break sound) an issue, problem, something comes along and oh shiz now theres pizza, booze and meh, I’ll just work out next week.
Welp, no more for this chick! I made a few comments and points in my past couple blogs that I that I don’t quite feel the same about. Funny how that works huh?
One of the main things is I thought was who cares I can do this on my own, I don’t need anyone. I can tell you 110% that was bitchy Cait talking.
I, Caitlin Marie Solomon need accountability.
Yes, someone to smack my ass into shape. While I can somewhat figure out what to eat and what to do in the gym, nothing makes me work harder then having some type of structure. My schedule is pretty crazy so having someone tell me when and what to eat and train me a few times in the week is what pushes my tush. So you will hear me (or would I say see me since this is a blog?) talk about my trainer Derek and a few other inspirational people I have surrounding me right now. It is amazing how carb cycling eating clean, teaching four days a week and training with D 3 times a week can start working so fast.
It is exhausting, but SO worth it. I have not been this sore in awhile, and I will be the first to admit it makes me a little tired and bitchy but then my body is like “Cait shut up your improving yourself, quit being a baby”
I have a long way to go but let me tell you my pants are already too big, arms aren’t so tight in long sleeves and as much as this is TMI….already loosing the “girls”. It happens EVERYTIME. Why can’t we chose where we lose it?? Oh well, as long as it is losing, not gaining & shrinking not expanding (except the booty, you know we always want a booty) I am okay with it.
So my tips on what got thru the last couple weeks that may help you start….
1. I bought new workout shoes. I know that sounds kinda stupid, but little things keep me pumped up. Plus, they are cheetah print so it kinda is a given that they are gonna be awesome.
2. Accepting help from an outside source. Yes, I am a tough cookie and can push myself. But not if I want to get the results I need. Having a food plan made specifically for you and your goals is the best thing EVER. I may be eating chicken at 9:30 am as one of my 5-6 meals a day and it feels VERY wrong – but obviously my body is feelin it. And having someone tell me I can push my body harder and train me the right way is key. D knows I hate him the first few minutes of the workout and even sometimes the whole time, but after I always thank him because I survived it and I’m one step closer to my goal.
3. Being a dance fitness instructor is great and all, but sometimes going from that training session straight to teach is rough. Like if I jump one too many times I may fall and not get back up. BUT, so far I am making the classes my bey-otch. It is my guaranteed cardio. So if you need some cardio in your life and hate running or elliptical, take a class – dancing, HITT, anything that makes you move for 60 minutes. I may know a place or two that you can check out 🙂
4. Surround yourself with positive people. People that have some of the same goals, or just people that want to see YOU better yourself. When I have wanted to cry being so sore or drained, somehow its like one or two of those people somehow knew and send me a funny or positive gym post or picture. It helps SO much.
To explain the two quotes on the pic at the beginning….
I’m not perfect, but I am always myself.
– I am most definitely not perfect. Actually pretty damn far from it. I sometimes have the mouth of a sailor (I promise, I am trying to get better) I have a couple tattoos, and when I am in a bad mood, lord help people around me.
BUT, I have not changed no matter what weight I have been at. Maybe a little more insecure for obvious reasons, but as far as how to treat people, I never changed. I see that happen a lot being in the fitness industry. People getting to a goal and completely changing and treating people like they aren’t good enough. Also, something that has been on my brain the last few months…I may have gained a few lbs within the last year or so, but my teaching never changed. I still pushed hard and still taught. And let me tell you, that was hard. Knowing that some new students would look at me like “She’s teaching this class? is she gonna push it as hard as so and so?” or not even give it a chance and just stick with what they are used to. Welp, that’s a whole other post that I will post later.
My point – Don’t EVER think that just because you have gained a few pounds that you aren’t good enough to do the things you love and enjoy. I went through a whole phase of second guessing teaching and many things because of things I had heard from students may have said BEFORE taking my class and even some of the people closest to me which was pretty you know the whole “stab in the heart, now twist it?” thing…but what I got out of that…just do my own thing, and let people think what they want to think and work it.
I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens if I don’t.
You know how people have a theme song or a slogan. That’s what I feel like mine is right now. Really, the quote explains itself. Last time on this journey, I cranked out losing 60 pounds like a boss, then gained a lot of back and now on my way to finish what I started.
Whew, this was a long post. It may be that it is late at night (its Thursday afternoon for you but Wednesday night for me) and I am just blabbering or the fact that I’ve been wanting to post many things within the last month, but wanted to get some results and know I was doing the right thing before posting.
PS.com….I gave up wine for three weeks. Definitely a record. But let me tell you that first glass after those three weeks was nice 🙂 I felt like it was earned! Except now I find myself trying to make excuses for my trainer to allow wine.
I hope this helps anyone that is in the same boat, remember….it is never to late to start that journey to get to your goal. You can still be a crazy hott mess and get to your goals.
Hugs and kisses, daps and smooches,